It is a revision of your already translated documentation by a reviser who possesses the appropriate competence in the source and target languages, and subject matter.
Throughout the process, the reviser examines the translation for its suitability for its purpose and implements all necessary corrective measures. This includes, as required by the project, comparison of the source and target texts for:
- Terminology: compliance with specific domain and your terminology, and terminology consistency throughout the whole translation.
- Grammar: syntax, spelling punctuation, orthotypography, diacritical marks.
- Lexis: lexical cohesion and phraseology.
- Style: compliance with your style guide or instructions, including register and language variants.
- Locale: local conventions and regional standards.
- Formatting: type style and fonts, etc.
- Target group and purpose of the translation.