Our client, Accuray, is a US-based radiation oncology company that develops, manufactures and sells precise, innovative tumor treatment solutions that set the standard of care with the aim of helping patients live longer, better lives.
What was their challenge?
The client came to us with a high-cost megaproject: to translate, revise and proofread the operating manuals of their radiation devices (479 812 words = 1 919 pages) within a very tight deadline – 1 month – while meeting all necessary compliance requirements of their target market.
The quality assurance team on the Accuray side did not encounter any significant issues with the translation quality.
How did we solve it?
- Built an expert team of an experienced project manager, a Lead Linguist, 13 subject-matter translators, 10 revisers and 3 QA engineers.
- Developed a specific project workflow to speed up the overall project execution.
- Maximized the reuse of duplicate text (44 000 words) to speed up the project delivery and reduce the overall cost.
- Recycled existing translation memories (TMs) of other medical projects, which allowed us to speed up the delivery and reduce cost by automatically translating more than 30 000 words.
- We translated the rest of the project in 4 batches to maximize the reuse of existing texts and speed up the project delivery.
- Our linguists increased their efficiency by real-time translation memory and terminology sharing with the help of innovative online translation software and QA tools.
What was the result?
We helped Accuray significantly speed up the time to market of their radiation devices. Due to our sophisticated and proven project management, translation, QA processes and technologies (such as Plunet Business Manager, SDL Trados Studio GroupShare, Xbench) we handled the translation of their operating manuals in 1 month, which was 3 times faster than our regular pace (3 months for that volume).
The quality assurance team on the Accuray side did not encounter any significant issues with the translation quality. Needless to say, they were happy with the result: “It has been a pleasure to work with you on this project and we look forward to our next collaboration.”
How We Help Surgical Accessories Manufacturer Generate Sales More Effectively Across International Markets